А ваші учні рахують дні до початку навчання?
Чому б не перетворити ці суперечливі емоції від повернення до школи на веселий урок англійської мови?
Back to School Countdown — це кумедна пісня, яку ви можете прослухати, проскроливши трохи нижче, та готовий комплект матеріалів для уроку для підлітків 14–16 років рівня A2–B1 по цій пісні. Він поєднує аудіювання, лексику, граматику та говоріння навколо теми, яка знайома кожному підлітку, — повернення до школи!
Пісня: Back to School Countdown
Пісня веде зворотний відлік від десяти днів до школи до одного, а герой стає дедалі більш драматичним у міру наближення першого навчального дня.
Ten… Soon. Here we go again!
Nine… I hope we will learn online!
…
Two… I hope I will catch the flu!
One… Back to school now! Everyone!
Перебільшені реакції роблять пісню особливо цікавою для підлітків і дають учням багато тем для обговорення після прослуховування.
📚 Що входить до комплекту?
Back to School Countdown Lesson Pack містить усе необхідне для проведення 40–45-хвилинного уроку.
Worksheet 1 — Vocabulary Discovery & Listening
Спочатку учні опрацьовують корисну лексику з пісні:
countdown
online
trick
ruin
catch the flu
climb a tree
whole life
start
Учні поєднують слова з визначеннями, а потім слухають пісню та виконують завдання True or False.
🎧 Worksheet 2 — Complete the Countdown
Учні слухають пісню та заповнюють пропуски у зворотному відліку.
Це допомагає розвивати навички аудіювання та звертати увагу на корисні мовні конструкції в контексті.
💬 Speaking & Grammar
Після роботи з піснею учні переходять до висловлення власних думок.
Вони практикують:
I wish + past simple
I wish school started at eleven.
I wish we had longer breaks.
Також учні практикують:
I'd rather… because…
I'd rather study online because I could stay in bed.
Урок також коротко пояснює різницю між:
I'd better… → Я вважаю, що краще щось зробити.
I'd rather… → Я віддаю перевагу одному варіанту перед іншим.
Would You Rather…?
Підлітки обирають між кумедними шкільними альтернативами:
Would you rather study online or go to school every day?
Would you rather have school at 7 a.m. or finish at 8 p.m.?
Would you rather have 10 hours of homework or 10 tests?
Учні обирають варіант, пояснюють свою думку та мають можливість трохи посміятися разом.
До комплекту також входять Teacher's Notes, де ви знайдете:
цілі уроку;
рекомендований час на кожне завдання;
покроковий план проведення уроку;
завдання на аудіювання;
відповіді;
короткі пояснення граматики;
інструкції до speaking activities;
додаткове домашнє завдання.
Жодної складної підготовки! Просто роздрукуйте матеріали, увімкніть пісню — і проводьте урок!
Для кого цей урок?
Цей урок чудово підійде для:
вчителів англійської, які працюють із підлітками;
учнів рівня A2–B1;
уроків на тему повернення до школи;
першого уроку після літніх канікул;
індивідуальних та групових занять;
учителів, які шукають цікаву альтернативу традиційному уроку на тему “Back to School”.
Завдання також можна адаптувати для трохи молодших або старших учнів.
Щоб Отримати Back to School Countdown Lesson Pack Напишіть Коментар до Цього Допису
Хочете провести цей урок зі своїми учнями?
Придбайте Back to School Countdown Lesson Pack та заощадьте час на підготовку, подарувавши учням веселий та цікавий урок англійської.
У комплекті:
✔️ Teacher's Notes
✔️ Worksheet Vocabulary Discovery
✔️ Listening activities
✔️ True or False task
✔️ Countdown gap-fill activity
✔️ Grammar & Speaking activities
✔️ “I Wish…” practice
✔️ “Would You Rather…?” discussion
✔️ Answer Key
✔️ Song lyrics
Зробіть перший урок нового навчального року веселим, цікавим і сповненим англійської!
Отримайте Back to School Countdown Lesson Pack та почніть новий навчальний рік з усмішкою!
Шукаєте більше уроків англійської на основі пісень?
Якщо вам подобається використовувати пісні на уроках англійської, перегляньте інші Happy Learning :) lesson packs, worksheets та printable resources, створені для того, щоб зробити уроки англійської більш цікавими, інтерактивними та веселими. Наприклад, урок про хаос на канікулах
Happy Learning! 💚
Back to School Countdown | A Fun English Lesson for Teenagers
Is summer already coming to an end? 😱
Are your students counting the days until school starts?
Why not turn those mixed feelings about going back to school into a fun English lesson?
Back to School Countdown is a humorous song and ready-to-use lesson pack for A2–B1 teenagers aged 14–16. It combines listening, vocabulary, grammar and speaking activities around a topic every teenager can relate to — going back to school!
The Song: Back to School Countdown
The song counts down from ten days before school to one, with the singer becoming more and more dramatic as the first school day approaches.
Ten… Soon. Here we go again!
Nine… I hope we will learn online!
…
Two… I hope I will catch the flu!
One… Back to school now! Everyone!
The exaggerated reactions make the song particularly entertaining for teenagers and give students plenty to talk about afterwards.
What's in the Lesson Pack?
The Back to School Countdown Lesson Pack includes everything you need for a 40–45-minute lesson.
Worksheet 1 – Vocabulary Discovery & Listening
Students begin by discovering useful vocabulary from the song:
countdown
online
trick
ruin
catch the flu
climb a tree
whole life
start
They match the vocabulary with definitions and then listen to the song and complete a True or False activity.
🎧 Worksheet 2 – Complete the Countdown
Students listen to the song and fill in the missing words from the countdown.
This gives them focused listening practice while encouraging them to notice useful expressions in context.
💬 Speaking & Grammar
The lesson then moves from the song to students' own opinions.
Students practise:
I wish + past simple
I wish school started at eleven.
I wish we had longer breaks.
They also practise:
I'd rather… because…
I'd rather study online because I could stay in bed.
The lesson also briefly highlights the difference between:
I'd better… → I think this is the better thing to do.
I'd rather… → I prefer this option.
Would You Rather…?
Teenagers get to choose between ridiculous school-related alternatives:
Would you rather study online or go to school every day?
Would you rather have school at 7 a.m. or finish at 8 p.m.?
Would you rather have 10 hours of homework or 10 tests?
Students choose, explain their opinions and hopefully have a few laughs along the way!
Teacher's Notes Included
The pack also includes teacher's notes with:
lesson objectives;
suggested timing;
step-by-step lesson procedure;
listening activities;
answer keys;
grammar explanations;
speaking instructions;
optional homework.
No complicated preparation is required. Just print the worksheets, play the song and teach!
Who Is This Lesson For?
This lesson is ideal for:
English teachers working with teenagers;
A2–B1 learners;
back-to-school lessons;
the first lesson after the summer holidays;
individual lessons or group classes;
teachers looking for a fun alternative to a traditional back-to-school lesson.
The activities can also be adapted for slightly younger or older learners.
To Get the Back to School Countdown Lesson Pack Comment Below
Want to use the complete lesson with your students?
Get the Back to School Countdown Lesson Pack and save yourself preparation time while giving your students a fun, engaging English lesson.
The pack includes:
✔️ Teacher's Notes
✔️ Vocabulary Discovery worksheet
✔️ Listening activities
✔️ True or False task
✔️ Countdown gap-fill activity
✔️ Grammar & Speaking activities
✔️ “I Wish…” practice
✔️ “Would You Rather…?” discussion
✔️ Answer Key
✔️ Song lyrics
Make the first lesson of the new school year fun, memorable and full of English!
Get the Back to School Countdown Lesson Pack and start the new school year with a smile!
Looking for more song-based English lessons?
If you enjoy teaching English through songs, check out my other Happy Learning :) lesson packs, worksheets and printable resources designed to make English lessons more engaging, interactive and fun. For example a holiday chaos lesson
Happy Learning! 💚

Немає коментарів:
Дописати коментар